Why do we worship?
- Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.” (Mt 4:10)
- Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before you, for Your judgments have been manifested.” (Rev 15:4)
How shall we serve God?
- “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
- “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4: 23-24)
- For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, (Phil 3:3)
- Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth. (Ps 96:9)
Why do we stand and say?
- Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high. (II Chr 20:19)
- After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”(REV 7:9-10)
Why do we clap our hands?
- Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! (PS 47:1)
Why do we have audible praise unto God?
- Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! (Ps103:1)
- Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. (Heb 13:15)
- After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honour and power to the Lord our God! (Rev 19:1)
- And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! (Rev 19:6)
Why do we dance before the Lord?
- Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, And His praise in the congregation of saints. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King. Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.(PS 149:1-3)
Why do we speak in tongues and in English?
- For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the result then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. (1 Cor 14:14-15)
Why do we pray with the laying on of hands and anointing with oil?
- “They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:18)
- Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. (James 5:14)
Why do we have speaking in unknown tongues and the interpretation in the church?
- But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: (1 Cor 12:7)
- There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. (1 Cor 12:5)
- To another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. (1 Cor 12:10)
- Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. (1 Cor 12:27)
- Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. (1 Cor 14:39)
Why do we prophesy?
- But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. (1 Cor 14:3)
- Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. (1 Cor 14:1)
Why are musical instrument a part of the worship service?
- Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with high sounding cymbals! (PS150:3-5)
- And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. (Rev 14:2)
Why does the whole church pray at once for specific needs?
- So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: “Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them, (Acts 4:24)
Why do we Give tithes and offerings?
- Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. (Mal 3:10)
- Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” (Luke 6:28)
- “Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God which He has given you. (Duet 16:17)